At the end of every academic year, William Woods University (WWU) recognizes a select group of its students with the Owl Achievement Award. Recipients of the award are selected for their Outstanding Wisdom and Leadership (OWL) contributions while a student at WWU.
Students must have at least a 3.5 grade point average to be eligible of the Owl Achievement Award, and must also submit their resume and campus activities for review. Consideration for this award is given to the student’s scholarship ability, their positive citizenship, and their support for William Woods University.
For the 2020-2021 academic year, the following 14 students earned the Owl Achievement Award:
- Meredith Aguado, Hillsboro, Mo.
- Emma Cunningham, Lee’s Summit, Mo.
- Shannon Cunningham, St. Louis, Mo.
- Kate Doerhoff, St. Charles, Mo.
- Kimberly Gassen, Olathe, Kan.
- Kara Jeffers, Moscow Mills, Mo.
- Elizabeth Kasubke, Mexico, Mo.
- Julia Lefarth, Eureka, Mo.
- Emily Mannion, Dardenne Prairie, Mo.
- Claire McDonald, Jefferson City, Mo.
- Katherine McDonald, Jefferson City, Mo.
- Makayla Schafer, Salem, Mo.
- Veronica Townsend, Jefferson City, Mo.
- Kylie Zamboni-Cutter, Colorado Springs, Colo.