Fifteen William Woods University students from the senior class have been named to the 2017 edition of the prestigious academic ranking of “Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges.”
A campus committee and editors of Who’s Who chose the students based on outstanding campus leadership, academic ability, leadership contributions, and community service.
“This year’s impressive recipients include campus leaders in various student organizations, student researchers, and volunteers who contributed countless hours of service to the local community,” shares Venita Mitchell, university vice president and dean of student life.
These top students were recognized at William Woods’ Academic Awards Convocation at the end of the spring semester.
By being listed in “Who’s Who,” they join an elite group of students from more than 1,000 universities and colleges in all 50 states. The program has been celebrating notable students since it was first published in 1934.
Honored William Woods University students include:
- Alexis Bailey, Mesa, Ariz.
- Tori Brandt, Fulton, Mo.
- Jessica Doran, Elk Grove, Calif.
- Cassandra Dunn, San Diego, Calif.
- Rochelle Garcia, Yukon, Okla.
- Amber Hunt, Warrenton, Mo.
- Maria Lombardi, Niceville, Fla.
- Lauren McBeth, Lake Saint Louis, Mo.
- Haley McGrath, Fulton, Mo.
- Molly Naxera, Louisiana, Mo.
- Marilee Rodgers, Poplar Bluff, Mo.
- Rachel Skelton, East Prairie, Mo.
- Rachel Sprayberry, Rockford, Ill.
- Jennifer Strosnider, Pontiac, Ill.
- Katie Turner, Brookfield, Mo.
Congratulations to all of the students honored.