- Steve Brocks of Portsmouth, UK, and Adam Reed of Columbia, Mo., sports and entertainment marketing
- Gabe George of Salisbury, Mo., and Clayton Thompson of Vandalia, Mo., sports and entertainment marketing
- Theresa Gregar of Louisburg, Kan., entrepreneurship
- Josh Jackson of Mexico, Mo., retail management
- Liz Lampkin of Fulton, Mo., restaurant and food service management
- Amber Vieth of Jefferson City, Mo., internet marketing
Rebecca Cooper, a senior at William Woods University, took second place in travel and tourism at the Delta Epsilon Chi (DEX) national competition recently in Anaheim, Calif.
The daughter of Richard and Carolyn Cooper of Red Bud, Ill., she is majoring in business finance and economics.
DEX is an international organization for college students preparing for careers in marketing, merchandising or management. DEX is in its second year at William Woods and is sponsored by Linda Duke, instructor of marketing and business.
More than 1,200 students and advisors from the United States, Canada and other countries attended the event in Anaheim. Duke served as director for Missouri, in charge of the retail management competitive event.
In addition to Cooper, eight other WWU students competed: