Fulton, MO – At the end of every academic year, William Woods University recognizes a select group of its students with its OWL Achievement Award. Recipients were formally recognized at the university’s Academic Honors Convocation and Co-Curricular Banquet on April 26.
Recipients of the OWL Achievement Award are selected for their Outstanding Wisdom and Leadership while a student at William Woods. To be eligible, students must have a grade point average of at least 3.5 and have submitted a resume and list of campus activities for review. Criteria includes the student’s scholarship ability; participation and leadership in academic and co-curricular activities; citizenship; service the William Woods University and the community and potential for future achievement.
For the 2018-2019 academic year, 10 seniors were recipients of the OWL Achievement Award:
- Alexis Armontrout (Biology/Pre-Med), Centralia, Mo.
- Arianne Arnold (Biology), Edwardsville, Ill.
- Emily Barker, (Business Administration/Equine General Studies), Chino Hills, Calif.
- Briley Browning (Mathematics and Educational Studies), Silex, Mo.
- Audra Dalhaus (Business Administration), St. Joseph, Ill.
- Emily Gast (Special Education), St. Peters, Mo.
- Anna Johnson (Equestrian Science), Fulton, Mo.
- Justice Miller (Business Administration/Accounting), Russellville, Mo.
- Hanna Mitchell (Political/Legal Studies), Momence, Ill.
- Emily Tichy (Biology/Pre-Vet), Gravois Mills, Mo.