At the end of every academic year, William Woods University recognizes a select group of students as Distinguished Scholars. Faculty members designate one graduating senior from each program for the honor. While eligibility requires a minimum 3.4 grade point average, faculty consider other relevant academic factors in the selection process.
“This is a very prestigious award at William Woods, identifying the top student in each discipline,” says Dr. Aimee Sapp, vice president for academic affairs and dean of the undergraduate college.
This year, 24 seniors were recognized as Distinguished Scholars:
- Accounting: Sophia Lombardi, Niceville, Fla.
- American Sign Language Studies: Bryanna Besch, O’Fallon, Mo.
- Athletic Training: Isaac Dodson, Webster Groves, Mo.
- Biology: Alexis Bailey, Mesa, Ariz.
- Business Administration: Rochelle Garcia, Yukon, Okla.
- Communication: Marilee Rodgers, Poplar Bluff, Mo.
- Criminal Justice: Molly Naxera, Louisiana, Mo.
- Elementary Education: Crystal McCaulley, Fulton, Mo.
- English: Rachel Skelton, East Prairie, Mo.
- Equestrian Science: Christy Casey, Dixon, Ill.
- Equine Administration: Adelaide Reddish, Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Equine General Studies: Grace Barnes, Park Hills, Mo.
- Exercise Science: Jansen Smith, Columbia, Mo.
- Graphic Design: Lauren McBeth, Lake Saint Louis, Mo.
- Interpretation Students in ASL-English: Emily Bowman, Maryland Heights, Mo.
- Management Information Systems: Juan Roman Roig, Bolivia
- Online Business Administration: Corie Pryor, Kirksville, Mo.
- Political/Legal Studies: Rachel Sprayberry, Rockford, Ill.
- Psychology: Elizabeth Kroll, Holts Summit, Mo.
- Social Work: Katherine Johnson, Jenks, Okla.
- Special Education: Diana Lee, Smithville, Mo.
- Speech Theatre Education: Melissa Williams, St. Louis, Mo.
- Sports Management: Jacob Guilianelli, McHenry, Ill.
- Theatre: Sarah Williams, Fulton, Mo.