The Student Alumni Council of William Woods University has named 12 students as outstanding representatives of their classes. Nominees must demonstrate academic achievement, campus and community involvement, and leadership. Almost 100 students applied for the honor, which has been given out since the early 1980s. The Council is responsible for the development of healthy student/alumni relations, including promoting class spirit and unity.
“The Outstanding Student Awards are a tremendous honor at William Woods,” says Becky Stinson ’72, director of alumni activities and Student Alumni Council advisor. “It is the only award where students nominate their peers and students choose from those nominations.”
This year, the Outstanding Students from the freshmen, sophomore, and junior classes were recognized at “Midnight Breakfast” at Tucker Dining Hall, while the Outstanding Senior Awards were recognized at the Academic Awards Convocation.
Award recipients include:
Outstanding Freshmen Award
- Kayton Coffee of Bentonville, Ark.
- Rebecca Engle of Lees Summit, Mo.
- Karis Holm of Lake Villa, Ill.
Outstanding Sophomore Award
- Mary Cleek of Columbia, Mo.
- Delanie Jones of Rush Hill, Mo.
Outstanding Junior Award
- Baylie Borman of Kingdom City, Mo.
- Brittney Engelbrecht of Jefferson City, Mo.
- Nic Keithly of Macomb, Ill.
Outstanding Senior Award
- Tori Brandt of Fulton, Mo.
- Hannah Mansell of Jacksonville, Ill.
- Rachel Skelton of East Prairie, Mo.
- Katie Turner of Brookfield, Mo.